These content notes are made available here so readers can inform themselves if they want to. Some readers might consider these as ‘spoilers’, particularly for the detailed trigger warnings.
- Bad language: mild, infrequent
- Sex / Nudity: several fully described sex scenes
- Violence: some references to violence, not on-page and not major character
- Other: death of secondary character in backstory
Detailed Trigger Warnings
- Descriptions of being trapped in an underground, claustrophobic space in chapters 1 – 5.
- Discussions of poverty, sexual violence perpetrated by the state, and inequality. Throughout, but particularly in chapter 9 and 19.
- Descriptions of hunting birds and animals in chapters 3, 8, 13, 18, and 20.
- Descriptions of the death of a secondary character in chapters 3, 8, 13, 18, and 20.
- Serious illness of a child, mainly in chapter 21.
- Love scenes in chapters 13, 17, and 18, including fellatio, cunnilingus, and mild dominance play (M/f).
- The hero really was a rake and has an illegitimate daughter.
- Politics. (I think these days politics justifies a trigger warning.) Including underhand political machinations.